I, and a few other lovely Hot Yam! volunteers, have spent the last few months organising this conference, known as the Food-in: a co-created unconference-style gathering of 60(!) students from across the country converging at the Hart House farm for a cosy weekend to share their story of how their groups started and how they operate, as well as run workshops and discussions for one another, and just generally hang out in the awesomeness.
It's going to be rad.
We've got people from Vancouver, Guelph, Toronto, Peterborough, Lindsay, Kawartha Lakes, Ottawa, Montreal, and Halifax, representing 15 different groups. Look who's coming:
- Caffiends. University of Toronto, Toronto
- Fleming food initiative. Flemming College, Lindsay
- Garden Spot. Carlton University, Ottawa
- Peoples Republic of Delicious. University of Ottawa
- Glendon Lunik Cafe. York University, Toronto
- Happy Belly. McGill's Macdonald Campus, Montreal
- Hot Yam!. Do I even need to tell you?
- King's Alternative Food Cooperative Association. University of King's College, Halifax
- Loaded Ladle. Dalhousie University, Halifax
- Kawartha Ecological Growers. Kawartha Lakes (they're our farmers!)
- Midnight Kitchen. McGill University, Montreal
- OCADSU Campus Cupboard. OCAD, Toronto
- People's Potato. Concordia University, Montreal
- Seasoned Spoon. Trent University, Peterbourough
- UBC Sprouts, University of British Columbia, Vancouver
- Teatree House Cafe, University of Guelph, Guelph